Tuesday, January 13, 2009

It Has Been A While

Sorry I haven't posted in so long. I have been busy being home for Christmas break and with the start of a new semester. So the past month has been so much fun. I went home for 2 and a half weeks for Christmas break. I had surgery soon after I got home, so that kind of hampered anything I could do for my first week home, but I had a lot of fun nonetheless.

Christmas was a lot of fun with the family. We always find something to laugh at, so it was pretty hilarious just being with them. For my presents I got a lot of things for my mission, such as dress shirts, ties, church socks, and journals. My favorite present would have to be The Office seasons 1-4! I am about halfway through the 3rd season already.

During the 2nd week of break, my Uncle Bob and Aunt Shawn came out from Colorado to visit us. That was a lot of fun. I hadn't seen them in 2 or 3 years, so it was really fun to hang out with them. We did a lot of fun stuff, like going down to Dana Point and Laguna Beach, and also riding bikes along the beach in Huntington. We also watched a lot of football. The bowl season pretty much sucked, but there were some good games.

The highlight of my trip though was probably hanging out with my best friend Mady. We had soooooo much fun just being together and laughing at everything. One day we went to Disneyland for the whole day. It was pretty sweet. We went on Dec. 30, so we expected it to be super crowded, but it wasn't as bad as we thought it would be. The lines were long, but they weren't unbearable. Overall it was a pretty sweet day. The whole break hanging out with her was a lot of fun.

Well now I am back up at BYU. My new semester is shaping up to be a lot easier than last semester. I have classes on Mondays and Wednesdays from 9-5:30, with two 1 hour breaks, and then classes on Fridays from 9-11. Going the whole day on Mondays and Wednesdays kind of sucks, but it is worth it in order to not have classes on Tuesdays and Thursdays. Most of my homework for this semester is reading, so it is nice to have those two days where I can read for classes and just get my work done.

Heidi Kendrick is in my Book of Mormon class, and yesterday she told me that she might be going home for a weekend in March, so I called my parents and asked them if I could go and they were all for it. I am pretty excited to go home for a weekend then. It will be a blast.

I can't wait until the end of this month when my sister Alli comes up to Utah to visit. We are going to have tons of fun!!!

That is all for now, so adios!

No comments: