Today we had a regional conference for all of the stakes in Utah and Wasatch counties. It was held in the Marriott Center and President Utchdorf and President Packer both spoke. It was an amazing experience to be in their presence. The Spirit was so strong, and the things they spoke of are things that I myself needed to hear. I especially liked President Utchdorf's talk because he talked about going on a mission. It is crazy to think that in 10 months I will be on my mission preaching the Gospel to those somewhere in the world that need me to teach them.
Later at 6pm, there was a CES fireside held in the Marriott Center. The speaker was Elder Holland of the Quorum of the 12. That was another amazing experience. He gave a great talk. It was so crazy to see 2 members of the Quorum of the 12 and a member of the First Presidency in the same day!
Tonight I called my friend. She wants me to call her every Sunday, so I did. Things had never been settled from when I left with us getting angry at each other. We had talked it out, but there were still some hard feelings there. We basically both expressed how we felt about everything and how we feel that there is a special bond there between us that will never be broken. We both agreed that we are best friends, and nothing in the world can change that. Ever since that phone call I have been the happiest I have been in a while. I have not been able to wipe the smile off of my face. I want to stay like this forever.
On a side note.....college gives out a ton of homework! I have had to read so many chapters of different books and write a paper and do math homework. So stressful, but I know I can do it.
Both of my sisters and Romnila get here on Thursday. I am SO excited!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment