Saturday, August 23, 2008

UTAH!!!

I am all moved in. Scary thought. A new chapter in my life has finally begun. I am both excited and nervous. Excited because I get to meet so many new people that share the same beliefs and hold the same values as I do. I am nervous because I have never been away from my family for more than 2 weeks, and I know that I am going to miss them so much. I have to drive my mom to the airport tomorrow morning, and I know after that I won't see her again for 3 months.

Before I left, I told myself that I did not want to leave on bad terms with anyone. How I wish that could have happened. I won't name names, but the person who I thought of to be my best friend basically told me that he/she hated me and wanted nothing to do with me anymore two days before I left. This may sound feminine, but I cried myself to sleep that night. I was so mad at him/her and mad at myself that I just couldn't hold it in. I just felt so let down knowing that I trusted him/her with anything, and now I felt betrayed. I had a great talk with my mom that night as she sorted out what was said. I just felt such a great sense of love that she has for me. She just told me to give it about a week and then call that friend back up to see how everything is going. I am so glad to know that I have someone there for me that loves me and would do anything for me.

I better get to bed, since I have to be up in 5 hours to take my mom to the airport. Tonight marks the first night I am sleeping in my dorm.

No comments: