Saturday, August 30, 2008

BYU Football Game

Today was the first time I had been to a BYU football game in Provo, Utah. It was a blast! I sat by my sister's friend Jeff and his other friends 39 rows up at the 15 yard line. They were pretty good seats. The only bad thing about the game was that it was SO HOT! Alli's friend Drew looked up the weather during the first half and it said that it was 98 degrees! It was bad too because we were standing for 99% of the game, so the sweat just kept coming.

The game itself was pretty good. BYU started off strong and was up 24-3 at halftime. The 3rd quarter they played horrible. Northern Iowa came back to make the score 24-17 in the late part of the 3rd. BYU turned the ball over 4 tiems in the second half. They can't do that if they want to make it to the BCS. BYU scored 2 more touchdowns to make the final score 41-17. Overall my experience at the game was nothing short of spectacular. The atmosphere was amazing.

After the game I went to Applebee's with Jeff and some other people. We had a lot of fun messing around with other people.

On Friday night I went to the BYU women's soccer game and hung out with Sis. Draeger. We had so much fun. BYU beat Georgia 4-1. On Monday BYU plays Arizona, and I am looking forward to hanging out with Sis. Draeger even more. It is so good to see faces from home. It makes me less homesick.

The dorm life here is like nothing I have experienced before. I am getting really close with 4 other guys on my floor and we have created our own group in which we do stuff in. James and Michael are from Utah, Court is from Kentucky, and Dylan is from Michigan. We all like the same stuff, and we all just get along extremely well. It is pretty sweet to have a group that I can do stuff with and not be all alone doing things by myself.

School starts on Tuesday....I am EXCITED!

No comments: