The rest of the people in the dorms moved in yesterday. I am pretty excited! We met in our Y groups yesterday for orientation, and my group has a bunch of guys from my floor that I am starting to get close with. It is fun to be around people that are in the same boat as me in that none of us have friends, so we are trying to meet as many people as we can. There are 4 guys that I am getting to know pretty well. Two are from Utah, one is from Kentucky, and the other is from Michigan. They are hilarious. We have a lot of fun together.
Orientation is pretty lame. Yesterday we met in our groups and then did an hour and a half tour of campus and it was soooooo hot outside. It sucked. Then we had a BBQ outside which was ok and watched a movie, but everyone left early. After all of that we all came back to our dorm and just got to know each other better and messed around.
Today for orientation we did another hour long tour of the rest of campus, then we went to the Marriot Center where President Samuelson spoke to us about what it means to be at BYU. I am so excited for school to start. After he spoke, the band came out and played some music. It was pretty sweet. Finally, we went back to Helaman Field where we were served our lunch. They made us sit out in the open on the field, and it is around 90 degrees. SO HOT! Tonight they are having another thing in the Marriot Center about the honor code and Jericho Road is going to perform. Sweet stuff.
I only have one complaint. The Internet in the dorms block Youtube! What is up with that?!?!?!?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Welcome to BYU...they block everything!
Post a Comment